1. Sitbon O, Galiè N. Treat-to-target strategies in pulmonary arterial hypertension: the importance of using multiple goals. Eur Respir Rev 2010; 19:272-78.
2. Galiè N, Hoeper MM, Humbert M et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension: The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT). Eur Heart J 2009; 30:2493-537.
3. Galiè N, Hoeper MM, Humbert M et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J 2009; 34:1219-63.
4. Savarese G, Musella F, D'Amore C et al. Hemodynamics, exercise capacity and clinical events in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Eur Respir J 2013; 42:414-24.
5. Fritz JS, Blair C, Oudiz RJ et al. Baseline and follow-up six minute walk distance and BNP predict 2-year mortality in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Chest 2013; 143:315-23.
6. Farber HW. Validation of the 6-minute walk in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: trying to fit a square PEG into a round hole? Circulation 2012; 126:258-60.
7. Savarese G, Paolillo S, Costanzo P et al. Do changes of 6-minute walk distance predict clinical events in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension?: a meta-analysis of 22 randomized trials. J Am Coll Cardiol 2012; 60:1192-201.
8. Gabler NB, French B, Strom BL et al. Validation of six-minute-walk distance as a surrogate endpoint in pulmonary arterial hypertension trials. Circulation 2012; 126:349-56.
9. Sitbon O, Humbert M, Nunes H et al. Long-term intravenous epoprostenol infusion in primary pulmonary hypertension: prognostic factors and survival. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002; 40:780-88.
10. Launay D, Sitbon O, Le PJ et al. Long-term outcome of systemic sclerosis-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension treated with bosentan as first-line monotherapy followed or not by the addition of prostanoids or sildenafil. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2010; 49:490-500.
11. McLaughlin V, Gaine S, Howard LS. Treatment goals of pulmonary hypertension. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013; 62:D73-81.
12. Barst RJ, Chung L, Zamanian RT et al. Functional Class Improvement and Three-Year Survival Outcomes in Patients With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in the REVEAL Registry. Chest 2013; 144:160-8.
13. Hoeper MM, Markevych I, Spiekerkoetter E et al. Goal-oriented treatment and combination therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension. Eur Respir J 2005; 26:858-63.
14. Nickel N, Golpon H, Greer M et al. The prognostic impact of follow-up assessments in patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. Eur Respir J 2012; 39:589-96.
15. Galiè N, Manes A, Negro L et al. A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Eur Heart J 2009; 30:394-403.
16. Rubin LJ. The 6-minute walk test in pulmonary arterial hypertension: how far is enough? Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2012; 186:396-7.
17. Pulido T, Adzerikho I, Channick R et al. Macitentan and morbidity and mortality in pulmonary arterial hypertension. N Engl J Med 2013; 369:809-18.
18. Galiè N, Corris PA, Frost A et al. Updated treatment algorithm of pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013; 62:D60-72.